(New York, Austin, Minneapolis or Remote)
We’re seeking a Data Scientist to support our growth-phase healthcare startup based in New York City.
We are looking for an experienced and creative Data Scientist to join our dynamic, rapidly expanding organization and build data products directly for use by people with diabetes. The ideal candidate will be motivated to make living with diabetes easier for millions of people, eager to work in a fast-moving startup environment, and able to contribute immediately to One Drop’s industry-leading prediction and decision support capabilities.
Data Science at One Drop:
At One Drop, Data Science is all about providing startlingly novel and refreshingly useful decision support directly to One Drop’s end users. For example, One Drop is the first company to make blood glucose prediction available to the majority of people with diabetes. Working with One Drop’s behavioral and health science, diabetes education, engineering and product teams, we invent new ways to convert over 1 billion health data points into daily support and suggestions for over 1 million users through the One Drop | Mobile app. We look at a wide variety of health and lifestyle data provided by users both actively, through logging, and passively, from phones and wearables. Our job is to help inform the hundreds of decisions that people with diabetes have to make every day, to empower users to take the actions that will help them get healthier. There are a lot of directions to explore, and each team member is expected and encouraged to help set the development agenda.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Developing machine learning, deep learning, or dynamic simulation models for forecasting and classification
- Creating new model features by intelligently combining multiple data sources
- Adding to One Drop’s inventory of tools and routines to accelerate experimentation
- Creatively applying additional techniques to develop and test new data products
- Envisioning new and useful data-driven applications to help people manage diabetes
- Several years experience in machine learning or simulation modeling
- Strong skills with a scripting language such as Python or R, and data-related libraries
- Expertise in any of deep learning, time series forecasting, pattern identification, recommendation systems, natural language processing, or other data science subdomains with application to helping transform the lives of people living with diabetes
- Ability and motivation to absorb new, complex domain knowledge quickly
- Evident verbal and written communication skills ranging from documentation of experiments and results to explaining project goals, plans and progress
- Demonstrated ability to set and follow a productive agenda independently, while keeping coordinated with the team
Even better if you have:
- Experience with diabetes-related data
- Experience with tracking data from mobiles and wearables
- Personal connection with or passion for diabetes care
- To create data-driven products to directly benefit people living with diabetes
- The chance to take an early position in a well-funded and growing startup
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
About One Drop
One Drop is a digital health company harnessing the power of mobile computing and data science to empower people with diabetes to live healthier lives. We believe diabetes management should be an integrated part of your lifestyle — something that empowers, motivates, and keeps you mindful. Beyond tracking and analyzing all of the essentials — blood glucose, medication, food, and activity — the One Drop platform provides three types of in-app support: personal data-driven insights, a worldwide community for peer support, and one-on-one expert support. Almost 500 million people around the world are living with diabetes. Our mission is to connect everyone and provide the resources needed to thrive and navigate diabetes, together.
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and links to interesting projects or your website.