Graphic Designer (contract)
We’re seeking a Graphic Designer for to support our growth-phase startup based in New York City. Our team is fast-paced, has a bit of sass, and a LOT of love for what we do. You will provide visual support for various company department functions, with a big focus on marketing and advertising. You will be an integral part of high level, high visibility projects. Our team is a talented and diverse group developing innovative ways to empower people to lead healthier lives through data-driven insights.
You’re a great fit if:
- You’ve got experience ideating and executing projects and are comfortable working in a fast moving startup environment.
- You have a passion for design and take a creative approach to your work.
- You can take design feedback and integrate it seamlessly into your revisions.
- You are positive, enthusiastic, self motivated, and consistently go above and beyond expectation.
- You have a unique ideas and can bring an original and fresh perspective to projects.
- You have the ability to pick things up quickly and challenge yourself with things that are new to you.
- You are a hard worker, and can handle the pressure of a deadline-driven environment with result-based performance metrics.
- Work with various team members to provide visual support and relentlessly evolve the One Drop experience
- Develop designs for web and print to requested specs, taking direction from the lead designer and working off of creative briefs
- Prepare digital assets for marketing content, including but not limited to, blog posts, announcements, and email campaigns
- Create micro-content for One Drop social channels supporting our various messaging
- Build and maintain product lifestyle photography library
- Create mockups for various merchandising and internal swag
Our ideal candidate:
- 3+ years of experience in graphic design
- Solid understanding of design principles
- Flexibility to work with design direction change and take feedback
- Ability to learn and work quickly while maintaining a high level of quality and attention to detail
- Ability to work under strict time constraints and fulfill several project requests simultaneously
- Proficient with Adobe design programs (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Familiar with AfterEffects, Premiere/FinalCut, Sketch, Figma, Keynote a plus
About One Drop
One Drop is a digital health company harnessing the power of mobile computing and data science to empower people with diabetes to live healthier lives. We believe diabetes management should be an integrated part of your lifestyle — something that empowers, motivates, and keeps you mindful. Beyond tracking and analyzing all of the essentials — blood glucose, medication, food, and activity — the One Drop platform provides three types of in-app support: personal data-driven insights, a worldwide community for peer support, and one-on-one expert support. Almost 500 million people around the world are living with diabetes. Our mission is to connect everyone and provide the resources needed to thrive and navigate diabetes, together.
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and links to interesting projects or your website.