User Experience and Interface Designer
We’re seeking a passionate, skilled, and energetic User Experience & Interface Designer to work at our growth-phase NYC-based startup. Our team is a talented and diverse group developing innovative ways to empower people to use their data to lead healthier lives.
We’re seeking a passionate and thoughtful user experience and interface designer to work within our growing NYC Product team in a dynamic, rapidly expanding organization. The ideal candidate will have experience designing world class, engaging consumer mobile experience and be comfortable working in a fast moving startup environment. The candidate should also have a passion for mobile and take a creative approach to their work.
- Design interfaces, navigation, flows for consumer mobile and web apps (iOS, Android, Web).
- Create the right documentation for the task at hand including annotated wireframes, design mockups, prototypes, etc.
- Work closely with product managers, mobile and backend developers to implement and relentlessly evolve the One Drop experience
- Ability to accurately estimate design time and meet deadlines while working with a team.
- Get in on the ground-floor on a massively ambitious project
- Deeply impact the lives of hundreds of millions of people worldwide
- Modern, flexible, progressive workplace
- Convenient LES location
- Healthcare tech, yeah!
Our Ideal Candidate
- Degree in related field and 3+ years of experience with Interface and User Experience Design.
- 2+ years of designing consumer-facing mobile experiences.
- A portfolio with a tangible example of recent work including a personal project where you had complete creative control.
- Excellent attention to detail to flush out and design concepts and in-depth functionality.
- Ability to empathize with a variety of different kinds of users.
- Functional understanding of the technology that makes what we do possible.
- Ability to work with ambiguity and desire to organize and make functionalities clear and easy to use.
- Bonus: Be comfortable being able to execute the visual side of interaction design.
About One Drop
One Drop is a digital health company harnessing the power of mobile computing and data science to empower people with diabetes to live healthier lives. We believe diabetes management should be an integrated part of your lifestyle — something that empowers, motivates, and keeps you mindful. Beyond tracking and analyzing all of the essentials — blood glucose, medication, food, and activity — the One Drop platform provides three types of in-app support: personal data-driven insights, a worldwide community for peer support, and one-on-one expert support. Almost 500 million people around the world are living with diabetes. Our mission is to connect everyone and provide the resources needed to thrive and navigate diabetes, together.
To apply, send an email to email@example.com with your resume and links to interesting projects or your website.